There are a few reasons why students in the Netherlands should choose the Student/Tripkey Mobility Card over a regular OV-chipkaart:
- Travel without worrying: your Student/Tripkey Mobility Card is the only thing you’ll need in order to travel through the entire country. Whether public transport, bike or train, the Netherlands is yours to discover.
- Discounted travel: With the Student/Tripkey Mobility Card, you’ll get a 15% discount on Dutch Railways (NS) trains during weekends and weekday off-peak hours. That’s Monday through Friday between 6:30 and 9:00, as well as between 16:00 and 18:30.
- Automatic balance top-up: Once you’re all registered, we’ll make sure that you never have to put money onto your Student/Tripkey Mobility Card. You’ll never again miss a train due to an insufficient balance!
- International payment options: We’ve created a seamless buying and registration process specifically tailored to international students for the Student/Tripkey Mobility Card. You won’t have to worry about not speaking Dutch, and you can pay for everything using an international bank account.
- Bikes: Not only can you take public transport and trains, but with your Student/Tripkey Mobility Card you can also make use of OV-fiets at many NS train stations. Not only can you rent a bike, but you can also store your own bike in the guarded bicycle storage to keep it from being stolen.